So, like I said, there were no lines. Mom and Cory both don't like roller coasters. Odell actually rode this thing called the Giant Swing all by himself. It was too scary looking for me to try. I mean it too....out of 30 seats, he was the only rider. :) Another one called "Wildfire" was one that Emma was too short for....she was mad at me, but I went and it was great!
We spent our time ducking into shops and trying to avoid the rain. It was on and off through the day. My jeans always kind-of drag at my heels....they became like a sponge, and I was wet up to the knees by the end of the day. :)
We spent our time ducking into shops and trying to avoid the rain. It was on and off through the day. My jeans always kind-of drag at my heels....they became like a sponge, and I was wet up to the knees by the end of the day. :) Silver Dollar City is full of artists shops....all types. One shop we loved was this furniture shop- all the furniture is handmade right there. We also made candles in the candle shop and watched painters paint, sculpters mold clay, glass blowers, candy makers and more.
I liked this piece- a wood carved santa with a nativity at his center. :)
We saw a lot of clever decorations....and I just love the color of the leaves all over the ground. :)
Cory and I were temporarily shrunk to the size of toddlers so we could take a picture in this rocking chair.
Emma would run to these signs at every ride to see if she was tall enough. She would cheer if she was big enough and throw a major fit if she was too short. Dang those signs. :) I told her that it was for her safety that they make those requirements, so little kids don't slip out of the seat belts on big roller coasters. Apparently she was listening to me because when we went to Disneyland the next week and I told her to stand on her tip toes so she could ride the Indiana Jones ride, she turned to me and said, "Mom, do you want me to slip out of the seatbelt and die?" Emma and I did not ride Indiana Jones. :D So, anyways, this one that she could ride was called "Fire in the Hole". She wanted to ride it over and over- it's a ride that tells the story of the Bald Knobbers, a gang of men who decided to take the law into their own hands back in the 1800's in southern Missouri. Very interesting story. Fun ride. :)
Emma got to eat a turkey leg while we road a steam train through the woods.
She milked a cow....not a real one. :)
You would be shocked if I told you what you could see in this hole....yes, I looked, but it says not to...
I liked this piece- a wood carved santa with a nativity at his center. :)
Cory and I were temporarily shrunk to the size of toddlers so we could take a picture in this rocking chair.
Emma would run to these signs at every ride to see if she was tall enough. She would cheer if she was big enough and throw a major fit if she was too short. Dang those signs. :) I told her that it was for her safety that they make those requirements, so little kids don't slip out of the seat belts on big roller coasters. Apparently she was listening to me because when we went to Disneyland the next week and I told her to stand on her tip toes so she could ride the Indiana Jones ride, she turned to me and said, "Mom, do you want me to slip out of the seatbelt and die?" Emma and I did not ride Indiana Jones. :D So, anyways, this one that she could ride was called "Fire in the Hole". She wanted to ride it over and over- it's a ride that tells the story of the Bald Knobbers, a gang of men who decided to take the law into their own hands back in the 1800's in southern Missouri. Very interesting story. Fun ride. :)
You would be shocked if I told you what you could see in this hole....yes, I looked, but it says not to...
2 comments:
I wanna know whats in that freaking hole now lol
I have pictures of you and me at Silver Dollar City :) Gosh... that was a long time ago!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)
Post a Comment