Nature Center
Aren't they cute? :) We went to the Nature Center after Lamberts to try and walk off some of our full tummys. :) Odell said he used to come over and walk this trail every day. If we had something like this around our house, I would want to go take a walk there every day. :) I love how beautiful the world is...this part of the world, so different from where we live....both so breathtaking every time I look around. We could not believe the size of the oak, maple and sycamore leaves we were finding....maybe 4 times the size of any we see at home. I don't know if it has to do with the climate, soil, or the fact that some of the trees here look to be hundreds of years old. Maybe a combination of all of those things.
Emma rode on my shoulders until I couldn't carry her anymore....
Then she rode on Cory's shoulders until he couldn't carry her anymore.....
We found this "thing" on the path that looked like a brain. It was about as big as a human brain....but it was hard and heavy. We guess it was some kind of seed pod from one of the giant trees, but we never saw another one like it. Part of me wishes we brought it home to plant it. The other part of me is glad we left it on the trail because it was probably an alien baby egg.
We also saw lots of deer, wild turkeys....and, oddly enough, lots of signs asking us not to gather the leaves. Are they kidding????!!! Millions and millions of leaves on the ground, thousands literally falling from the trees like rain as we walked under them, thousands yet to fall.....what is their reasoning behind this? I took a couple of particularly huge leaves home....almost feeling guilty that someone would come out of the office and demand that I put the leaf down before we leave. :) You'll be happy to know, we made it out of the parking lot. The leaves even made it back home on the airplane, tucked into a few of Emma's books. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment