
I'm sitting here on New Year's Eve, at work, wondering if I should attempt going to bed or not. It's been a pretty quiet day as far as calls go, but at 9:30, I'm sure the big parties haven't even begun to roll yet. In past years, working New Years Eve has brought some interesting calls. One year we ended up running all night on several kids who had been to the same party and accidentaly overdosed on narcotic pills they had crushed and snorted. Another year we picked up a girl who had passed out on a total stranger's front lawn. We woke her up and called her friends to give her a ride home...in the process, she almost kissed my partner. He wasn't wanting to be kissed, so he draped her arms over my shoulders and she almost kissed me. ha ha ha. What adventures await us tonight? :)
I guess I could take some time to reflect on the past year....it's been a good one. Definitely learned some things this year. I feel differently about my core beliefs than I ever thought I would in the previous 28 years before this. I can now say that, as I approach 30, there is a whole world out there that I know nothing about...but I can't wait to learn more. I read a lot of good books this year. I spent a lot of good quality time with my child, making memories that will hopefully stay with her all of her life. The relationship I have with Cory has only gotten better. We added several pets to our house. The charter school project has seen so many miracles. I love my wonderful lifetime friends and dear family. I don't know what's coming in the future....but I feel very blessed with life right now. The good and the bad...it's all for a purpose. I believe that.
Thank you, God, for another beautiful day...another beautiful year. Happy New Year! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment