January 9, 2010

Pavlov's theory in action :)

I love this picture because you only need to aim a camera at Tristan to get him to smile. His mother takes him on all her photo shoots, as well as taking countless pictures of him since the day of his birth...and so he has been trained, no matter what else is going on, to smile when he sees a camera aimed his way. He was almost asleep on Dad's lap when I aimed the camera. Tristan picked up his little sleepy head and gave his best smile. :)

I also love the setting of this picture. Grandpa holding grandchild in the house we go to and consider it "home". It took me a long time, even after I was married, to start thinking of my place of residence as home....apart from my "home that I went home to". :) And that is what I want to create for Emma. I want her to feel that great sense of comfort and peace when she is at home. I want home to be a place where she wants to hang out and bring her friends. Home...where you can be yourself and know you are loved completely no matter what. Of all goals, that is the biggest....to succeed at creating a loving home...literally Heaven on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment