October 11, 2008

Fall is here...and I love it :)


I love the cooler weather...wearing sweatshirts and jeans and burning good smelling candles in the house. The leaves changing colors to orange, red and brown just bring a smile to my face and peace to my soul. I'm longing to hear the sound of the crisp fall leaves crunch under my tennis shoes as I run for miles and miles, feeling the wind blow through my hair and the smell of crisp fall air....chimney smoke and pine trees. This is my favorite time of year. It also seems very symbolic to me this year. As the cold wind howls, I am a young tree bending and swaying and beginning to lose my leaves. I feel a chill, so I send all my strength to my roots and prepare for the hibernation of the winter. I may appear dead- my leaves scattered on the ground around me, only to be blown away. But I will survive this winter and bud again in the spring.

Namaste

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a very beautiful description. Also, I really like Ojiichan's smile in the below picture. Oh my gosh it's cute.

Post a Comment