October 9, 2008

Vegas...well, not really...but close enough


The day after the marathon, Boo and Emma and I took a road trip down to visit Obaachan and Ojiichan. Uncle Masao (Obaachan's younger brother) and his son, Shigetaka were visiting from Japan. I had bought some Japanese language CD's to listen to and try to converse a little with them....we did ok. :) I wish I knew more, but we got along with Obaachan to translate between us. It was really cute because sometimes she spoke Japanese to me and English to them. We had a really nice time visiting with them. Emma is doing pretty well with the Japanese CD's- she can say all the things we've learned so far and understands what it means. :) Shigetaka-san found some Kanji for Emma's name: it means "Blessing" in the two kanji that were picked. :) Emma really liked that. :)
Masao and Shigetaka also brought Japanese candy, hashi, and cute Hello Kitty gifts for Emma. My favorite was Kit Kats in Green Tea flavor. :) In the picture above: Shigetaka, Ojiichan, Obaachan, Masao.

We also got to meet Mom's husband, Odell. I love him. :) It seems like he belongs with our family- like he's always been there. He is so good to Mom- he is what she has always deserved and I am glad they are together. :) Emma had a lot of fun with Odell- she kept telling him, "I don't know you." Over and over and over again...the only reason she kept bugging him is because she liked him so much. Then as we were leaving she did this little thing where she points at her eyes and then at your eyes- inferring that she is watching you. She did that to him. :) Odell- Emma loves you- no doubt about it. :) I really enjoyed getting to know him a little better and hearing mom brag about how spoiled she is. :) Cheers to them!

Here's Emma in her marathon t-shirt. :) She asked me to please take a picture of her. She is good at posing. She has also been turning into a great comedian lately- she makes up all her own jokes and just giggles because she loves them so much. :)

Here we are: Mom and her 4 kids. You may not be able to tell....so many people were taking pictures with so many different cameras and the sun was in our eyes....I think tears were coming out of my eyes and Heather's eyes too. Anyone who has a better picture than this of all of us, send it to me please. :)

Love and Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment