
Me and Boo just after crossing the finish line. I'm not ashamed to say we did it in 6 hours. :) If it weren't for the Boo, I would have quit and asked one of the shuttles to take me to the end. I'm glad we finished it together- it was an adventure...one I wouldn't choose on purpose again, but grateful we did it! :) The day before the marathon we volunteered at the expo handing out bib numbers- and the rumor was that the weather would be terrible. I looked it up and the weather was SUPPOSED to be rainy AFTER noon. It didn't end up that way. :) It started to sprinkle as we got on the bus at 5am. At the starting line they were handing out big black garbage bags and little grocery store plastic shopping bags because the rain had turned to a steady drizzle. Cherisa and I made bag hats and stood by the fire until the race start at 6:45. We were wearing sweats and our bag hats and were basically soaked to the skin by race start- we ditched our hats and sweat shirts...I was sure we would warm up and it would stop raining. HA HA HA HA HA HA. It wasn't the first time I've been wrong. :) It was miserable! :) It rained so hard most of the time that it was hard to see- the rain didn't stop until mile 22, it was so cold I couldn't feel my fingers or talk very well. :) It was so wet and cold that I didn't want to drink anything...so I ended up dehydrated. Boo did a great job of staying positive- I couldn't have finished that race without her! Love you Boo!

Ryan, Me and Boo just after crossing the finish line. Ryan was planning on running, got into the lottery and then decided not to run. Judy helped switch Ryan's number over so Cherisa could run with it. Ryan met us with his sister about mile 23 and ran with us for a little bit. It was a good boost since I was hurting bad!

Me, Judy, and Boo getting our official results...we were freezing, but ice cream still sounded good. :) This was Judy's 23rd SG marathon, my 3rd, Boo's 2nd!

My hair became a huge rats nest during the race...it must have been the combo of rain, bouncy pony tail and the plastic shopping bag I was wearing for a while on my head that produced such rad hair. :) At mile 25 I heard a guy pass us and say to his friend, "Did you see that girl's ponytail?" :D
Dad, Johnny and Sara, Joe Joe, Jakey, and Bubba came down to support us in the race. :) It was so nice to have them here! Thank you to everyone who was sending us good thoughts. :)
Namaste
3 comments:
LOL welcome to Terry Frizzies - but you is still gorgeous! I could only DREAM of looking like that after a marathon - heck after a mile! Congrats my beauties- job well done!
How long did it take to comb out that ponytail? Congratulations! That would suck to run in that type of weather. That just makes finishing the marathon even better. Glad to hear everything is going good.
I am impressed and jealous. I want to do that someday. I am proud of you for your 6 hour run.
Post a Comment