October 25, 2008

Me and the Tooth Fairy :)


Emma volunteered to brush her teeth this morning...I was surprised and excited and she went into the bathroom and shut the door behind her. :) Ok- she never does that. :) Usually she wants me to come and sit with her and hold her hand- no matter WHAT she's doing in the bathroom. :) When she shut the door, I knew something was up. :) I waited patiently and heard her yell, "MOM!" She threw open the bathroom door and said, "Mom! My tooth is coming out!" She opened her little mouth and I looked as she wiggled her tooth with her tongue. Then I wiggled it and gasped a little. I gasped in surprise for this milestone in her life...well, it scared her and she says: "Mom, it's your fault for not making me brush my teeth enough!" I just laughed and told her that it was just her first loose tooth- the kind that tooth fairies come to get. :)

DJ was there to get her for the day and told her she probably wouldn't lose it for another week or two. She was excited to go show her Grandpa Humphries, because he helps all the grandkids pull out their loose teeth and gives them a gold coin if they don't fuss. :) She was sure she would get a gold coin. :)

I got an excited call at work from Emma telling me she had just pulled her tooth out by herself!! :) DJ emailed me the picture from his phone.

I looked it up on the internet to make sure she isn't losing her teeth too early. Some kids do start losing teeth in Kindergarden...and they say girls lose teeth earlier than boys. So- no worries.

I'm so excited to play the role of the tooth fairy....I've been planning for this since before she was born. :)

2 comments:

CharlieJo said...

what cute story!! I can't believe she's already losing a tooth. =] I love how she said it was your fault not making her brush more..priceless. haha.

Sarah And John said...

Your the tooth fairy??!!

Post a Comment