November 29, 2008

The Great Gathering

Nearly all the posterity of my Dad's parents got together yesterday for a post-Thanksgiving party. I don't know how many people were there, but I know I didn't get to talk to all of them...and I wish I had! There had to have been more than 100 of us with the original kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids of my Dear Old Grandpa and Dear Old Grandma. :) I took 229 pictures- and obviously can't post them all. :) I will post the highlights with some commentary. :) I realized how large gatherings make me nervous...I think it might be because I feel overwhelmed with the feeling of wanting to talk to each person and give them a hug and that maybe if I avoid eye contact, somehow the feeling of being overwhelmed will pass because I can focus on a smaller group. :) I think I feel like this in all large groups...at work...and in all social situations.
Here I am looking up at Jar as he reaches down to pick me off the ground. There is a funny story that goes along with this. :) Bubba picked me up like a baby and was trying to hold me or carry me or something...when she stepped smack in the pile of dog crap that Jason had been warning everyone about. :D When he told her that she was stepping in the crap, she dropped me smack on the ground laughing. :) OK- maybe it was funnier being there.
Johnny's comment to Boo was so funny....I'm sure it will be added to the list of things we'll always talk about when we get together. :) He told her she couldn't sit at the "married table" when she came and sat in my seat for a second. When I got back and heard what they were talking about, I had to pretend to make a sad face....since I am no longer in the "married people's club". :) I love this cute pic of them. :)
It is fun for me to read the blogs of my cousins and keep in touch with them that way. It makes it seem like we don't live so far apart. :)
Me with one uncle and two aunts.
We are such gorgeous women. :)
The JPT clan. :) Since the last family pic, we have added 2 little boys, a new wife and a fetus. :) The family dogs couldn't make it...all 5 of them. Puppy, Jorge, Maizy, Conessa, and Ryder.
We love to be silly....
Look at Jaron...he makes me smile. :)
The J's......with an A and a T. :)
The beee-utiful T girls. :)
Isn't this sweet? :) On the way home, Emma told me that she didn't fight with Jaron even once. :) I don't know if that's true, but it's a nice thought. :)

I have to say that everyone looked great...Grandma and Grandpa passed down some good genes! I wish I could have talked to a few more people...I hope everyone is doing well and hope to see you all again soon. :)

2 comments:

Awesome LaTerry said...

On the contrary, I feel nervous in large groups because I don't ever talk to people and if someone tries talking to me, they will likely fail. That's why I was hanging out with Asher the whole time, he can't really talk yet.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha :D I freaking love all those pictures :D I get that way in social situations, even in small groups ;P I think with extended family, I feel like I should know them better than I do, so for some reason that makes me nervous to talk to them... Hm. Love you :)

Post a Comment