I don't have internet access at home anymore...so my postings will happen when I can get to a computer, which will usually be at work between calls. :) Thanksgiving is tomorrow...and I am feeling thankful...for literally everything in my life right now. Instead of making a list of things and people, suffice it to say that I am happy with the way things are and I feel very blessed.
I find myself getting scared some days over the implications of where I am in life...of the things I'm just not sure of....of being old and alone. However, today and at this moment, I am glad for what is.
I'm not rich the way the world considers people to be rich...I don't have a lot of money. :) However, I consider myself rich because I have everything I need. I truly could not ask for more, and I think this has been true my entire life. I remember many times growing up watching my mom and my dad struggle a little to make ends meet and not let us as kids know that times were hard. They did a good job of it. :) We never ever were made to believe we were suffering. :) We always had enough. I have to believe this was a blessing from a God who cares for all of us.
For some reason, I remember one night really well- it was around this time of year...it was snowy outside and I was watching out my window as my dad made repairs on the family van. My dad is so good at fixing things and making things last longer than they should. :) I still believe without hesitation that he can fix anything! That night, warm in my room, looking out at the cold night, I realized how much my dad has always sacrificed for his family. That night, seeing my dad work with freezing hands long after he'd spent the day at work so we could live in our house and be warm, and eat food we liked and have clothes we liked to wear...I caught a tiny glimpse of how God must care for us as His children. Because of the example of my dad, I believe in a God who loves us.
This is a truth that makes me happy. :)
Namaste friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment