November 1, 2008

Pumpkin Carving....?


Emma and I carved pumpkins the day before Halloween- it was a nice hot day in the 80's. Emma took all the little carving tools and carved lines and holes in all the pumpkins. :) When I cut the tops off, she didn't want anything to do with scooping out the guts. :) Big change from years past when she actually ATE pumpkin guts. While I scooped guts out of 3 pumpkins, she fed the guts to the dogs. Conessa (Emma's dog) ate some of the seeds and was making noises like she was choking. Emma rushed over and did the Heimlick on Conessa. :) She stopped making the choking noise and Emma had this huge smile on her face- she has come with me to so many CPR classes, she knows the drill. :) I told her good job for saving Conessa's life. :)


This is just to show Emma's fun sense of humor posing with the pumpkins. She loves to make silly faces. :)

We carved a pumpkin for DJ even though he didn't come over that night. Emma wanted my pumpkin to have a missing tooth just like her. By the time we cleaned up all the guts (the dogs didn't eat very much of her offerings) and washed our hands and took pictures, it was dark enough to light them. We sat inside and watched their lights flicker from the living room window.

What a fun time! Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment