November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008


Emma decided months ago that she wanted to be a princess ghost for Halloween. I was going to make her a little ghost dress...like cute a few holes in a big pillow case or a sheet...but we found this cute ghostly dress at Wal-Mart. :) She wanted her hair to be white with piggy tails and a white face. She has already informed me that next year she wants to be the bride of Frankenstein.

We woke up early so she could wear her costume to school- and by the time we were done with makeup, she had decided to "just" be a ghost. The princess crown was bothering her hair. :) While we were putting on the white makeup, we were listening to Les Mis. I am really surprised how well she paid attention to that play...she remembers a lot of the songs and what part of the play they were sung in. Her favorite song is (of course) the one sung by little Cosette, Castle on a Cloud. :)

Emma had a good time at her school Halloween party, got to be in a Halloween parade and had one other girl in her class that dressed like a ghost. :) After school we went to a Halloween carnival at one of the local rest homes- it was very cute. Emma wanted me to be a flower or a bunny (she has both of those things in her dress up box). I chose to be a flower...

DJ took Emma to the trunk or treat at the church, then I took Emma around the neighborhood. Her bucket was already mostly full by the time she got home, so she wasn't too thrilled about going to houses and knocking on doors. :) We pretty much went to 6 or 7 houses. She told me I needed to carry her bucket because it was too heavy. :) Maybe it was because we started early, but I didn't see nearly as many trick or treaters as usual...and then everyone got that email about the chocolate coins...I found one in Emma's bag and threw it away. Ah...what the heck...one less piece of candy. :)

Namaste friends :)

3 comments:

It's Not Perfect said...

An adorable ghost princess if I ever saw one =]! and what a BEAUTIFUL flower she's SITTING on - LOL.
Love it- awesome

Anonymous said...

So cute :D What's up with the choco coins?

Amber and fam said...

Tell Emma that I think she is the cutest ghost I have ever seen! And you look absolutely gorgeous in that picture, Alisha!

Post a Comment