We got really lucky to be able to see Annie while we were up north. Grandpa and Uncle JoJo were in the play and Emma was so excited to watch it. Even Auntie Bubba and Uncle Jar were there doing the music and lights. Emma tried out for Annie and didn't get a call-back, but she is ok with that. As we watched the play, she told me the part she wanted was the little girl that Annie sings to in the beginning. She sat enthralled and entertained for the entire play, and so did Jaron. Tay didn't complain...I saw him clapping and then he fell asleep. :) It was different than I remember the movie...but they did an excellent job with it!
Grandpa played Rooster and a few other little parts throughout the play. It was so fun to see Dad on stage. :) He was fun to watch, great singing as always and does a great shimmie. :) I don't know how Uncle JoJo got away without us getting a picture! He played several parts through the play and did a wonderful job at it. :) I think my favorite part JoJo played was the masked announcer. :) In fact- I think every character did a good job of quickly changing costumes and playing several different parts. I enjoyed it- and it reminded me a lot of the social situation in our country today.
You know how Emma LOVES to get autographs after she sees a show. She got a whole paper full of them this time. :) She asked Annie for her autograph and then all the little orphans wanted to sign the paper too. :) Then when she wanted to take a picture with them, they were so cute...they all went backstage, put their costumes back on and came back out just to take a picture with Emma and Jaron. :) Very very fun play- I'm so glad we got to see it!
1 comment:
You couldn't get a picture of me because I'm a ninja, obviously. :)
The Masked announcer was my favorite costume, but my favorite character was Ickes, because he is the exact opposite of me.
Post a Comment