So we went to Boys Like Girls last night at Tuacahn.....I was excited because I really like their music. We had to laugh though because we were probably the only people there besides the ushers and security guards that were over the age of 18. :) I noticed the parking lot was emptier than usual when we pulled up, even though the concert was sold out, and by the end I figured out why! :) MOST of the kids parents had dropped them off at the concert.....and they were all lined up outside to pick their kids up at the end. :) There were two opening bands. I really liked the first band- they are local and I'd like to find a CD of their music somewhere.....but I wasn't able to understand the name of their band...City of.....something. They were great! :) The front man has an awsome voice and the bass player was really "getting down". Entertaining to watch and good music. :)
The second band to come up was called Fearless Fearless. They came from Las Vegas. They were a little more hard rock than I like, but they were still very good with a female singer. :) They encouraged the audience to come down to the front and dance. We had front row seats....but it pretty much didn't matter after that. This was my view for the whole time that band played. :)
I had to laugh because I thought one of these boys was going to land in my lap. When Fearless Fearless was done, I showed these boys the picture I took of thier rear ends and said, "thanks for the view". They got embarassed and sat down. :)
Boys Like Girls rocked! :) I really love their music! They sang all my favorite songs. I learned my lesson from that second band up....when theses guys invited the audience up to dance, we hurried and went to the front so as not to have the view of teenage butts for the remainder of the concert....also, it was fun, so everyone was standing up anyway. :)Their hair was funky- like the high schoolers- like you get out of bed when you've slept hard on long gelled hair.....sticking out everywhere in no definite pattern. :) They were all wearing girl pants. :) They also liked to spit. :) I've never been to a high school concert....even when I was in high school. And maybe it's just because I spend a good amount of energy trying to AVOID people's bodily fluids at work, that I didn't fully appreciate mouthfulls of water being spit in the air at the audience...or sweaty towels and guitar picks that had been licked or held in their mouths being tossed out to screaming teen girls. :)
They were good entertainers- really fun to watch- and they really sounded excellent. :) This picture was taken before everyone rushed the stage. :)
Here I was being pushed by the crowd up to the stage....everyone trying to reach out and touch his fingertips. :)
There was a little girl, probably 14 or 15 years old standing in front of me that kept turning back to her friends and telling them to grab her cell phone. They kept yelling up to her that they couldn't move...or that someone had just bit her arm or dug their nails into her arm. She turned around once and said to her friends that she was being squished by the people in back of her. :) Now....I was taller than her....and I was the only one standing in back of her (I was actually trying really hard to stand my ground to she wouldn't be squished) ....so I looked down at her little face and asked her who it was that was squishing her. She did not reply. :)
Here's another funny thing they kept doing...he would drink a swallow or two from a bottle of water, then screw the lid on and throw it to the crowd. YAY! Backwash!!!! If only I could have caught one of those bottles. :) (If ya didn't catch me there, I was being sarcastic)
Don't get me wrong....I had a GREAT time at this concert! They are great artists and I really enjoyed their music! In the end, I felt very lucky that I had not been spit upon or trampled by the audience. :) I have never had this kind of experience before....especially at Tuacahn. :) It was an adventure and I'd do it again. I only got my hair pulled once when people were jumping and grabbing for stuff they threw to the audience at the end of the show. I.E.....pieces of smashed guitar and drumsticks. Cory, being taller and more aggressive than me (I was ducking and trying not to get elbowed in the face) got one of the drumsticks as a suvenier. :) I'll admit, it was cool- one little drumstick- beat all to pieces from drummer doing his drumming. :)
OK- well....I couldn't pass this up. One of the security guards was standing in front of me bent over and we noticed he had a toothbrush in his pocket. I was trying to think of all the reasons a person might carry his toothbrush to a concert....and then all the reasons for why a person might put their toothbrush in their back pocket, such as this guy. If anyone has any bright ideas....I'd love to hear them. :) The next concert I have tickets to at Tuacahn is Brian Regan. I doubt that the 20-40 year olds who attend that one will rush the stage. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment