April 5, 2009

My Baby's Birthday

Emma's party day was yesterday....not her real birthday, but the day she invited her friends over to celebrate and eat cake and scream and jabber like only a room full of 6 year old girls can do. :) I can't believe my little baby is 6. Her real birthday was pretty quiet this year....although she told me it was her favorite birthday EVER. :) She got to be the Queen for the day (and this was only different from every other day because it was her birthday) which meant she got everything she wanted. :) I'm just kidding about her being the Queen every day....she does have rules and stuff. :) She opened her little eyes and asked me to make her hashbrowns with a candle in the middle. Then she quickly changed her mind and wanted Coco Puffs- with milk- no candle. :) She got her own self dressed for school and didn't scream when I did her hair. We "cheated" (according to Grandpa Terry-ha ha) and I bought cupcakes for Emma to bring to her class. It was a bitter-sweet moment for me to look at my little girl walking into her classroom swinging her grocery bag full of cupcakes....it hardly seems like 6 years have gone by since she was born...6 more and she'll probably be taller than me and I'll be buying make-up or CD's instead of barbies and littlest pet shop toys. After school we went out to lunch- she changed her mind a few times along the way- first it was Subway, then Golden Corral (because she wanted bacon), then Taco Bell, then finally the McDonalds with the wagon wheel.....uhhhh.....since there are only 3 within driving distance, I'm glad I chose the right one. :) She played for 2 hours- I figured it was her birthday so we'd stay until she got sick of it. :) She got lots of birthday calls from her grandparents and aunties and cousins, and felt very special that everyone remembered her birthday. :) That night, she got to have a date with DJ- they went to a movie and out to Subway and he got Emma her very own digital camera. :) When I picked her up from DJ's house, she informed me that it was still her birthday and that she was going to stay up until midnight. :) I don't know how long she actually stayed up. I turned on Nickelodeon and fell asleep....when I woke up in the night she was snuggled up next to me like she always does. :) I'm glad she enjoyed her birthday. Oh, and I thought it was really sweet of her- Emma asked if I wanted to share her birthday so we could both be the Queen of the day. :)
When she opened her little eyes yesterday, she told me about her dream and then she said, "Let's get our BAKE on, Mom!" :) So we baked her birthday cake and cupcakes....no cheating this time....we actually opened the box of cake-mix, poured in the oil and water and cracked the eggs. :) I had to text Mom because I can never remember the simple icing formula of butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. (By the way....I also have to call Dad every time I want to boil freakin' eggs because I can't remember how long to boil them) :) Emma wanted pink icing- and she decorated her cake all by herself....just the way she wanted it.and she did a great job! :) I was really glad she wanted to do it this way, because it took all the pressure off of me doing a cake with my poor artistic ability. :) As I've said before- the gene responsible for doing any form of artwork skipped me- a 3 year old does better stick figures than I do- and I was going to make an attempt at this cake...but I was grateful to NOT have to. :)
I think the party turned out great! It ended up being 15 little girls and one little boy....and BOY was it loud! You know how this age group all like to tell stories AT THE SAME TIME? Well, they got going on telling the silliest NOT TRUE places they were born (in a taxi, in the toilet, on the roof....) and it went on and on for about 15 minutes and got louder and louder as they all laughed and tried to top eachother. :) They decorated their own cupcakes and we played a few games....then we went outside to play and do the cake. It was a bit chilly with the wind blowing, but the cake smashed in the grass and on the patio told me I had made the right decision. :) Emma only cried once when her peice of cake fell into the waterfall.....I'm sure the lizards and frogs will enjoy a bit of chocolate and frosting. :) We all got worn out jumping on the trampoline and spinning on the tire swing, the cake got completely devoured and the living room was a flurry of wrapping paper and ribbon. :) We had a few minutes before the parents arrived to pick up their girls....so I gave them thier gift bags. Emma chose slide whistles, whoopee cushions and a pencil sharpener shaped like a nose to give out to her friends. She chose the slide whistles because of a new SpongeBob episode where he goes around using a slide whistle to narrate the events of his day....it's pretty dang funny. She chose the whoopee cushions and the nose pencil sharpeners because of April Fools day. :) Close your eyes here and imagine 15 little girls and one little boy....and the noise created by 16 slide whistles and 16 whoopee cushions and laughter from the whoopee cushions eruptions. :) Hey- they had fun- and I was very glad to have my house quiet again when it was all over. :) Emma asked me when everyone had gone home if I had all I could take? :) I told her I had fun, but it would probably only be on her birthday when we would have that many kids in the house at one time. :) She told me that she plans on having her friends over for birthday parties until she is 100 years old. Funny kid. I was way outnumbered this time...the last two years I had Boo to help me, but she had to work this time. :)

Oh- Emma's two front teeth are loose....so loose that I could probably pull them out if she would let me....but for some reason she is too scared to wiggle them out this time. She pulled the first two out herself. Anyone have any ideas on how to get her to pull them out before they start to turn black?? :) Yes, I have already tried bribing her with candy and toys....she won't have any of that. :)

Namaste :)

2 comments:

Awesome LaTerry said...

Ah birthdays. Always fun when that young.

So the other day we were watching Johnny's baby video, and we saw you in it when you were much younger and I was like, wow, Alisha looks like Emma... I mean Emma looks like Alisha.

Meghan said...

That looks like a ton of fun... and a lot of craziness :) happy birthday emma!

Post a Comment