April 30, 2009

The backyard....a child's paradise?

I'm just teasing you, Tom....if you ever read this. :) Tom and Tim came over to visit me the other day whilst I was sewing the greenhouse shade, and Tom said my yard looks like a child's paradise. :) I thought that was quite the compliment- especially coming from Tom. :)
Everything is growing so well...and I'm getting the urge to buy more plants for all the empty spaces.


The new asparagus bed. :) When I planted the roots, I thought they were dead, but we've been picking little yummy asparagus shoots almost every day.
The latest addition to the yard....the dog arbor. :) This one got built first because it was smaller and we wanted to shade the dogs and the strawberries from the summer heat. It cost us the price of the lumber and a good hard day of work putting it up. I think it's RAD...and, yes, that is the topsy turvy hanging in the corner. :)

With all that is going on in the world, I am so grateful for each day I have the opportunity to live and breath and try to make a small difference in the circle I live in. I appreciate everyone who I have the pleasure to associate with every day. Thank you each for being who you are. I love you! Namaste, friends. :)

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I love your back yard! If I were young I would love to play in your yard... hey I still would love to right now maaaaa! :)

Heather said...

I will always be amazed at how creative you are! And such a go getter, too! You're amazing!

Heidi said...

Hey Alisha, it's Heidi, Nick's wife. I love your back yard, so well landscaped and very pretty. I like your little green house too. Nick would love to get a garden started if we had more time. I would too if I knew what I was doing. Anyway your blog is fun and your little Emma is quite the character, too cute! :)

Post a Comment