It's been a busy month...and I feel like I'm behind on blogging. :) I haven't taken pictures of everything, but I'm trying to remember to take my camera around with me more often. The weather has been really odd....cold days, then hot days...all of the cold weather flowers like my daffodils and such have bloomed and started to fade, while it hasn't been consistently warm enough for the warm weather flowers to bloom yet. :) I saw these pansies while I was waiting for Emma to finish dance the other night....and they are so pretty....I don't know why I never feel like buying them when I go out in search of new plants for the yard.
We have seen a couple of really awesome performances already this month! We went up to Cedar to visit Auntie Boo one day and she mentioned at dinner that she was helping backstage at a play that night. It was the Wizard of OZ....and Emma really wanted to see it....so we went! Lucky for us, it was general admission, and we got the front row. :) It was a very well done performance of the screenplay we all grew up with- the director added a few artistic changes- but I could have mouthed the words from memory. :) I had a couple favorite parts...the trees that threw the apples were men dressed in tree suits. You could see their faces- and they had SUCH great expressions- quite what I think an angry tree might look like if we could see it's face. :) Also, when the crew gets to the Emerald City, the director gave the citizens of the city an old 30's feel- I love that era of music and dance....and so I loved it! :) I also really loved to look at Emma's face. I'm so glad the Boo let us know about that play- we loved it!!We were also really lucky to get tickets to see Jim Brickman, the pianist. The tickets were given free because of our trampling experience at Tuacahn a couple weeks ago. :) I love the way he plays the piano...and he is also a great entertainer! He was funny, he could sing (which I didn't know) and he had a few other performers with him. Tracy Silverman played the electric violin- and WOW is all I can say. I could have listened to him all night. They are doing some kind of PBS special on TV next month...so look for it. They are incredible! There were also two singers...John Trones and a girl from Utah. It is such a blessing to be able to have ears that work so I can appreciate the beautiful music that people make. :)
I have been reading a really great book lately that I want to share with everyone. Judy gave it to me for my birthday. It sits on my treadmill and I read it while I run every day. It's called "A Return to Love" by Marriane Williamson. The author gives insights she has gained through her life as she has turned to LOVE for answers. By reading this book I have realized how my fear has crippled me and how love can literally set me free from fear. She talks about how fear is the opposite of love. She talks about how God IS Love. I have heard that phrase all my life, and I feel like I have a small incling now of what that means. :) Anyways- look it up if you are so inclined. It's a book I'd like to pass around. :)
Marathon training is coming along really well on the treadmill! :) I sure hope I'll be well prepared this year for SG.
Namaste, friends. Love and hugs :)
No comments:
Post a Comment