April 26, 2009

What do you get....

when you plan pictures for 100 little girls in costume? The answer is: UTTER CHAOS. :) All in good fun though. We got a note that pictures would start at 10:00, so to be a little bit early to make sure costumes were right and makeup was on. (Insert insane laughter here) You know me, I was 10 minutes early.....and I was the only one there. The 10:00 pictures happened at 10:40. :) It was quite hilarious for me to sit back and watch, however. :) The costumes for Emma's age group had 5 pieces. All the mom's (and the teachers) pretty much got together and decided how they went on, because it wasn't terribly obvious when you first pull it out of the bag. The little hats were a new adventure for me. Luckily I had 3 bobby pins hanging around and it actually stayed on her head. :) One little girl came in with her dad. I watched him struggle for a while with the hat, wishing I had more bobby pins to share- then I noticed he had some hair clips and I offered to help. He was so frustrated! :) I cannot imagine what it would be like for a man to dress up a little girl in a costume and do her hair and makeup. Brave dad!!
I was impressed with the photographer and her ability to get 4-8 year old girls to cooperate and pose! :) Yay for her! :) I can't wait to see how the pictures turn out.
A few moms that were standing with me kept commenting on how cute Emma was. She's just super animated and she really sticks out in the crowd. :) The girls who taught this ballet/tap/jazz/hip hop class that Emma was in did such a great job! Emma gets to be in two performances and do 4 dances- and she is just thrilled. :) If you can't tell, Emma is the one kneeling down on the far right in the picture above. Oh- and one thing that got me laughing- a little girl was sitting talking to me and just randomly told me that her mom was pregnant. She said, " I think she got pregnant on Valentines Day." :D I wanted to tell her mom....but she probably would have been mortified. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment