April 26, 2009

The Tooth Fairy has been notified....

Emma's front two teeth have been loose for more than a month now! For whatever reason, she has been too scared to pull them out. She pulled out the last two by herself. So, I keep thinking every day that this is going to be the day....but it never is. :) They have been so loose for quite a while now that I've been teasing her about having bunny teeth because she can poke them out---like she is doing in the picture above. :) I've tried bribes. They don't work with her. I bought her toys and put them out on the counter for her to see as motivation. She is content to wait. Yesterday she was talking to her friend who had to have a rotten tooth pulled out by the dentist- and she decided that she really didn't want to have that kind of experience. It took a heck of a lot of convincing, but I got her to agree to let me have just ONE TRY at popping one of her teeth out. I promised her that if it didn't work, I wouldn't bother her about it again....but I was pretty sure it would work. :) So I just tied dental floss around her little tooth and popped it out. She screamed from the anticipation of it all- but she told me after that it didn't even hurt. :) She got her toy and she wanted to keep her tooth. She wrote a note to the tooth fairy last night. Here is what it said: "Dear Toothfairy, I want to keep my tooth a little longer. Please come back another time. Maybe the day after tomorrow. Love, Emma. :)
She called her Dad to tell him about losing her tooth, and decided she would keep the other one in to pull at his house. She got a little box to put her tooth in, and carried it around all day. Then she remembered that Grandpa gives gold coins to grandkids when they lose their teeth- so she called to see if Grandpa was home. This is what I heard: "Hi Grandma! Guess what, I lost my tooth! Are you and Grandpa home? Do you want me to bring my tooth to show you? I'll be over in a minute!"
So, now she has one VERY loose front tooth- we decided it made her look like a hillbilly. :) Hopefully she will either pull it herself today or let her Dad do it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment