April 30, 2009

Tuesday

When I picked Emma up from school, she wanted to go on a hike. We didn't have anything else planned for the day, so we rushed home, put on our hiking clothes and went up the canyon. :) Emma wanted to stop and feed the animals. She gave the most food to this poor little horse who couldn't walk very well. Every step he took looked like he was in great pain. She fed him and got brave enough to rub his nose.
Her favorite part of "hiking" in this particular park is the "bus ride". Here she is with her now toothless grin. :) A couple days ago, her remaining hillbilly tooth was just hanging by a thread. I had her sitting on the counter in the bathroom trying to do her hair. She was fighting it, as always, and I dropped one of her hair things on the floor. As I bent down to pick it up, my elbow came up and caught her in the mouth and her tooth fell onto the floor. :) She went skipping into school to show off her new smile. She wanted me to call her "drink hole". :)
I thought Emma was trying to tell me a secret, but she actually licked my cheek. :)
Emma requested the "crying rock" hike. She wanted to be pushed in her stroller....I can STILL feel my calves from it. :) Since we really like to hike, but can't take Emma on anything longer than like half a mile, we looked up a kid backpack that I can carry her in.....for this year....I don't know about next year. :)

At the "crying rock", Emma decided she wanted to get rained on and took off her shorts. It was then I discovered, along with about 20 other hikers, that this bathing suit from last year is a little too small for Emma in the rear end region. :) She had a lot of fun playing in the "rain" and made a game of washing her shorts on the wet rocks.
After her shorts were wet and clean, she would throw them in the dirt just so she could wash them again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment