We took the top off the Jeep this week since the weather has been so nice! :) I forgot how windy it gets and how hard it is to hear people talking when the top is off....but it's still fun!
One day last week we went over to a privately owned ranch in town and had a little adventure. :) Apparently, this goat is best friends with the horses we were riding. It followed us everywhere, but never wanted to be touched. It could climb through all the fences and also climb the trees. Goats are amazing climbers. Maaaaaaa Maaaaaa. :)
This picture is inside of a HUGE tree-house in an extremely old tree on the ranch. The kids took turns swinging on the tree-swing and we also took a short walk over to the river where the girls wanted to take off their shoes and socks and dance in the freezing cold river. :)
Emma and Talea rode on a calm horse. This is the way Emma rode the whole time, although she seemed to really enjoy it and laughed when the horse would go fast. :) I was riding on a horse who had a hurt foot. He seemed really uncomfortable and I felt guilty riding on his back when I have two good legs. The kids thought it was super funny to hear the horses farting- or "gassing" as Emma calls it- while we were riding. The best part was at the end of the day when we were about to leave....a whole herd of cows got out of their fenced area- and we couldn't get out until they went back in. Luckily, Cory has a lot of experience in cow wrangling....so me and the kids drove a 6 wheeler to chase the cows while Cory guided them back into the right pen. It was our first experience chasing cows. :) I didn't know cows could poop and run at the same time. In case you were wondering about that....they can. :) I was laughing while I was thinking about that...if humans could do that, it might be really helpful during a marathon. :D I know that's a sick thought....but if you've ever run a marathon, you'd understand. :)Namaste
No comments:
Post a Comment