I have been away from home for 4 days now, and I'm missing my own bed. :) Thursday morning I got Emma to school and left for a burn conference in SLC. It's incredibly stressful for me to leave Emma. I stressed and stressed about it and had to tell myself to relax because she would be with her Dad and he takes very good care of her. :) I suppose the stress is just because I miss her cuteness and I miss snuggling with her. The night before I left we had a "slumber party" in the living room. We made popcorn and laid our blankets out on the living room floor and watched a Phineas and Ferb marathon. Man, do I love that show! We both just crack up watching it! Check it out- it's on Disney channel. It's a cartoon show about two little brothers on summer break who can build anything, and DO, every day. Their big sister is always trying to get them in trouble, but their creations always magically disappear seconds before their mom walks into the back yard. They have a pet platypus who is an undercover secret agent, and his nemasis is a dorky evil scientist who's plots are more silly than evil. My favorite thing about the show is the witty music they write about the situations the characters get into. Phineas and Ferb
Having to leave Thursday, I missed a performance she was doing at school. Her class was showing off their hoola hooping skills. :) I've seen the class practicing when I go in to help. I honestly laughed when I first saw the teacher getting out the hoola hoops. They are HUGE, and the kids are so little. :) I ended up laughing out of surprise to see 20 tiny little bodies making the hoola hoops spin. They all did it in their own way. Emma holds her hands out in a way that reminds me of Elvis when he was about to leave the stage. Another little girl just folded her arms like she was bored. I expected a couple spins at the most. These kids can make them go for like 5 minutes. It's so cute. :) So, Emma wanted me to buy her a hoola hoop. Am I the only clueless mother who thought that a hoola hoop is a hoola hoop? Well- take a lesson from me that I learned from a 5 year old: some hoola hoops are "weak". :) As in, "Mom, this hoola hoop is WEAK! It won't even spin! Get me one that works!" :) We have looked in all the stores around here and I have yet to find one that is not "weak" by Emma standards. :) I do have, however, one hoola hoop at home that Emma won't touch. :)
The burn class I went to was excellent! I got to attend as part of the Pediatric Strike Team. It was taught by doctors and nurses who work at the burn center at the U of U. I was really impressed with their genuine concern for the welfare of their patients. I learned a lot and I feel really lucky to have attended. I feel like I took away information that will really help me care for burn patients better than I would have been able to before the course.
I'm now on the back half of a 48. I love my job and I work with the greatest people, but I can't wait to pick my little Emma up in the morning and go home. :) I started marathon training this week and I'm starting to plan for Emma's birthday. She wants a littlest pet shop party and found a picture of the kind of cake she wants. :D I was not born with the talent for art...pictures in my head never seem to get translated down to my hands. I draw poor stick figures. :) So, I'll make an attempt at this cake. Too bad my mom isn't here to make one of her amazing cakes. :) We always had really neat-o cakes for our birthdays growing up.
I am also grateful that while I've been gone for 4 days, Cory has been so kind to go over to my house and feed my doggies and water the greenhouse and mow the lawn and.....I could go on and on. He has really made my life easier by helping with things before I even ask. I appreciate that so much. :)
Namaste friends :)
No comments:
Post a Comment