Anytime I have to do something hard for me, I avoid it like you would avoid something really really stinky. :) I keep writing it down on my list of things to do, but it keeps getting put off until the next day. This happens often for me....various reasons. Some are tasks that people may agree with me are hard, and some that seem easy to other people that are just hard for ME. :) I was telling a good friend about one of the items on my list that I had been putting off for a while, and he pointed me in the right direction. :) During the course of our conversation, the thing I had been putting off suddenly didn't seem so hard to do. My friend told me that once I finished my task, I would wonder why I hadn't don't it a long time ago because it really wouldn't be as hard or scary as I was making it out to be. I finally accomplished that task yesterday- and my friend was right. :) This is part of what good friends do for us---inspire us, help us do things that we didn't think we could, push us to be better in a very loving way. A heartfelt THANK YOU to my friend. Then I thought of all the other tasks that I am putting off because they seem hard or scary. After accomplishing something hard to do- don't you feel more empowered to do more? That's how I feel today. :)One of my hard to accomplish items is this charter school that is such a huge undertaking that it seems impossible!! Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. :)
1 comment:
I love the jeep. If we were going to get a new one, that is what I would want. You guys will have a lot of fun in that!
Post a Comment