May 6, 2008

'Put your hands in my hands and let me whisper to you the secret of my success...'

Saw the previews for this movie while up north for Johnny and Sara's wedding. Maybe it's because we don't watch anything but Nickelodeon and Disney Channel, but I haven't seen any previews here at home. Go fig.

So, we saw this movie last night: 'Baby Mama'. It was super funny- completely my sense of humor. :) There were about 15 people in the theater, and I was laughing louder than anyone. I think I heard DJ chuckle once or twice. :) More of a courtesy laugh or a laugh that happened because he was laughing at me laughing. Ya know?

My favorite character in the whole movie was Steve Martin as a totally in tune with nature millionaire 'hippy' with long white hair.

This is a movie you have to see. If you don't love it, blame me later. :)

DJ has been trying to convince me to buy a Jeep. I guess it's something he's wanted since he was a teenager. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around a $30,000 toy. There are a lot of good things about it- but it's still a whole lot of money. I'm a freakin' tight wad. Here's your chance, everyone. Let me know what you think about buying a new Jeep. :)

Oh, ya. The Hurricane Half was Saturday. My time was just about what it normally is- I won't ever claim to be fast, but I AM consistent. :) Just over an 11 minute mile. Since a lot of the race is uphill...I consider it a huge victory. It was a personal best of the fastest time I ever ran the Hurricane Half Marathon!! :) Judy did awesome- she came in about 30 minutes before me. I learned my lesson and brought music to entertain myself this time. :) The song that pulled me in to the finish line was: 'It's not unusual to be loved by anyone....' No I wasn't doing the Carlton through the finish balloons, but I was thinking about it in my mind. :) Emma ran to the finish with me in her cute striped sweater with the hood. No pictures. I guess DJ had a hard time getting her out of bed and forgot the camera. Oh, well. It was a beautiful day, cool and cloudy. :) Can't wait for next year!!

2 comments:

The Childs said...

Get the jeep! They really are so much fun. Ben has convinced me of that. We have an old 1942 one. It's not pretty to look at yet, but it is fun to ride in. There is a lot of adventure with having a jeep.

Anonymous said...

Good job running the 1/2 again. Next year we will have to run together.

Post a Comment