May 16, 2008

Emma's Musings...


Spending the day with a 5 year old can be quite amusing. Here are some of the things Emma and I did and talked about yesterday:

When Emma woke up, she had a blue mustache from the gatorade she drank at dinner the night before. I told her she had a blue mustache and she had to go look in the mirror. She yelled to me from her bathroom that her blue mustache was her favorite color and she wouldn't let me wash it off. She told me her new favorite color is the color of the ocean. It used to be pink. :)

As I was watering the flowers by her playset, she was showing me tricks she could do on the swings. She asked me if the tricks she was doing were the kinds of tricks that Rascal Cats did? It took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about. She was talking about acrobats. :) She said she wants to be an acrobat when she grows up. :)

While I was doing the dishes, she played me some songs she made up on the piano. She asked if she could be a song writer when she grows up. I told her, of course she could. She asked me HOW....I told her we would have to ask Aunt Heather because I don't know. Then she asked if I could find her a producer. :) I think she heard that from the movie 'Alvin and the Chipmunks'.

Emma's last day of preschool was yesterday. She wanted to bring her teacher a gift. She made a card and picked out two candles that smelled pretty. She smelled every candle....I had to laugh as she sniffed one and said, 'YUCK!'....then smelled another one and said, 'mmmm, Miss Toni loves this kind.' :) She also picked out a big orange. What a heartfelt gift. She wanted to buy something for the boy she has a crush on...but she couldn't find anything with Spiderman on it, which is what he likes, I suppose. :)

Emma told me she wants to go to DisneyLand. She says she has it all planned out. Then she told me her plan from waking up in the morning, what she wanted to eat for breakfast, what she would wear, what rides we would ride, and on and on. WOW. I guess I should start planning another trip.




1 comment:

Heather said...

So much fun to read all those! I need to keep track more of things Jaron says during the day! I'm sure I'd feel much better at the end of each day! :)

Post a Comment