August 9, 2008

Can you say Lame?

I'm just kidding about that, really...it's just that our county fair seems to draw less and less of a crowd each year. It's very possible that I just get burned out on it because I have to work there AND DJ wants to go hang out there, so please don't be offended if you LOVE our county fair. :) This year we spent 2 hours at the 4H tent looking at animals. They had bunnies, pot belly pigs, chickens, some mad mooing cows and goats you could brush with hairbrushes. :) Do cows moo when they are mad? The cows I saw mooing looked like they were mad- but who knows? Hang on, I'm gonna ask someone..........ok, the answer to that question is yes, they do. :) Emma came home wanting a pet goat, then changed her mind and wanted a pet sheep. Ummmm...no. Three dogs is quite enough, thanks.
Emma's goal was to have a goat eat out of her hand. She followed them all around until one finally ate her handful of straw. She was so pleased after she had fed that goat. :) A couple of the little boy goats started going around ramming things with their heads- I was glad they didn't ram any little kids! Emma wouldn't hold the baby bunnies because they had "claws".
We got 10 tickets to ride any 5 rides Emma wanted to ride. She chose two different train rides, one caterpillar roller coaster, this dragon roller coaster you see her in, and the carousel. Emma is the one in the back, holding on for dear life. :) She wouldn't take her hands off to wave. :)

2 comments:

It's Not Perfect said...

Rofl and erm yeah county fairs are lame, even when you've entered something there. However I have a friend who lives on a farm and its HUGE in his life so yeah - maybe a life perspective =]. Loved the text the other day =D made my day - thanks- I heard from all 3 of my lovelies that day, how awesome and you were the first. =]

Anonymous said...

My girls love the fair, but we only go on Wednesday night. They ride a few rides, get an icee and we are on our way home. I can handle a few hours each year, but if I had to work it like you or Chad I may feel differently, too.

Post a Comment