This is Emma's excited face! Today was her first day of Kindergarden. :) I'm excited for her- she was really excited to meet her teacher and lots of new friends. :) I've been looking forward to this for some time to get stuff done...but it turns out that Kindergarden only lasts long enough to mess up the morning. :) 2 and 1/2 hours is just enough to laugh at. :) (insert me laughing) No, really. I thought it was a joke when I first heard it. I ACTUALLY laughed.Now that everyone has probably watched their recorded versions of the So You Think You Can Dance finale, I'll discuss it. :) What a GREAT season of that show!! I could not have decided between those last 4 dancers- they were all so great. I was really rooting for all of them, but was really happy for Josh. He is an incredible dancer. Me and Emma watched, laughed, I cried again at the Veinnese Waltz, screamed and clapped. WOW! So many emotions to feel while watching the art of dance. :)
We went last night to see an on-stage production of Saturday's Warrior. It turned out to be something like the 35th anniversary of Saturday's Warrior- so they did brief exerpts of most of the original play, then did the play that was written as a follow up, called "The White Star". It was a good production- the performers were great and I really enjoyed the singing. I had a hard time, however, with the message of the play. If you're familiar with Saturday's Warrior, the follow up was about Jimmy and his family after he is grown up and married. Jimmy is no longer active in the church because he has had some hard times and has questioned what he believes. His kids think he is "lost" and try to save him- (bring him back to church). In the end he comes back to church and they sing about a "brother coming home". My problem with this is that they made it seem like this event in Jimmy's life was the end to all doubt and trial and suffering. In my mind, Jimmy will have more times in his life that will try his faith. Going to church won't nessesarily change his life, and I don't believe that you are "lost" if you don't attend church. It makes more sense to me to find out what you truly believe in, what creates true happiness in your life and live the best way you can. I believe this can be a little different for each of us.
My last thought of today is a heartfelt congratulations to my lifelong friend, Nick, who is getting married! I just got the announcement in the mail yesterday! They have a wedding website and it is so cute. :) Best wishes to two amazing people!
1 comment:
Last year I was wishing Kindergarten was all day. Taycee loves school. This year I am glad Tymber only goes for a few hours. I am not sure she could handle all day, but they do learn more than you think they can in just the short time they are there.
Post a Comment