August 30, 2008

We love Nature

I was sitting on top of a mountain last week as the sun was going down. I saw this spiderweb reflecting in the light. It looked like a CD because it was reflecting all the colors of the rainbow and it was perfectly round. A closer look showed the little spider was still spinning his intricate web. Hard to get a good picture...but it was pretty cool to see. :)
I've told this story about Emma before...but whatever. :) Whenever we're out hiking or out in nature somewhere, she always tells me how much she loves nature and asks if I love nature too. When she sees garbage out in nature, she doesn't even need any prompting from me...she'll pick up the garbage and take it to the trash. Then she says, "why don't people care about nature, mom?" This is a picture of her swinging out in "nature"- it's a little ranch area near kolob. It was a beautiful summer evening and she even told me, "mom, isn't it beautiful out here in nature?"

No comments:

Post a Comment