August 3, 2008

Gooooood times......good times......:)

The smile on this baby's face struck me today. I feel very blessed in all ways. I'd like to share just a couple of fun things today...

I have become grateful for TEXT MESSAGING. :) You who know me well know that I truly dislike talking on the phone. I don't want anyone to think they can't call me when they need to...but I much prefer talking in person. Texting is great for me because I can chat at my convenience, there is no awkward silence and no making excuses to get off the phone when I'm busy or trying to drive. :) Texting is only bad when you are trying to be funny or sarcastic and it isn't taken the way you meant. :)

A friend gave me a book by the Dalai Lama this week about finding happiness in life. I am so grateful for good friends who make life interesting and fun and worth living. :) I am also grateful for new ideas and perspectives. I do believe that all good comes from the same God no matter what religion we belong to.

We went to see High School Musical on stage last night- it was a high school production and it was very cute. They changed it up a little- enough that Emma thought it was a "new" HS Musical- but kept most of the songs the same. Those kids did a marvelous job. Emma can't wait to audition for a play. :) I am grateful for good entertainment- for music and dancing- for the life experiences that evoke strong emotion. :) I love being so immersed in a good play or movie or book that you feel a part of it!

I couldn't even begin to enumerate all the things I am thankful for today- but there are a couple that are at the forefront of my mind as I sit here today.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment