We went up Kolob Mountain yesterday to wander around and get into some cooler air. It's so nice- about 40 miles up the canyon and it's always around 30 degrees cooler. :) Here are some pictures of what I saw from the 4 wheeler.
An abandoned cabin that looks as if people still camp inside it...oddly enough. It's missing windows and a wall, but it still had a partial floor with a hole cut in the middle and a fire ring. Too creepy for me- lots of spider webs and chipmunks under the floor. :)
This is Emma raising her arms as we drove over a cattle guard. :)
This isn't on the mountain...but I walked outside this morning to water the garden and was surprised to find two big watermelons. This one looks the most interesting of the two. :) It looks like the vine attached itself high on the fence and it grew this way because it was hanging...kinda like a raindrop.
I couldn't drive very far...every path led to a gate. Maybe I should buy some land up here to explore. :) This sign and the one below struck me funny. "If you can't read, ask somebody". OK??? And his website doesn't say a darn thing about no trespassing.
Same property, a little beyond the gate pictured above...just in case you didn't quite GET the first sign. :)
Emma and DJ fishing. They didn't catch anything, but it was cute to watch Emma learning how to cast her line and reel it in. She got the hook caught in her pants twice, dropped the fishing pole and froze until DJ got it out. She also found a "collection" of crayfish claws along the bank. She wanted to bring them home...but I'm secretly glad she forgot. :)
Beautiful girl!
Emma and her momma. After we got home last night, Emma wanted to have a sleepover in the living room with just me and her. She told DJ sorry but he wasn't invited. :) We made popcorn, blew up her inflatable mattress, and watched some of her favorite shows. Lately it's been: Drake and Josh, Zak and Cody, Wizards of Waverly Place and Zoe 101. I'll freely admit that I watch them with her, and even enjoy most of them. :) They are funny and positive. I only watch 3 adult shows- and Emma enjoys those too, although I don't imagine she gets most of the jokes yet...I hope. (insert nervous laughter) This morning Emma and I brushed the dogs. I SWEAR that at least a pound of hair came off each of them. Maybe if I got my butt in gear and brushed them more often, I wouldn't be vaccuming the house twice a day. Hmmmm....
4 comments:
What a fun trip! Those signs are HILARIOUS. I saw a few like that on peoples front doors in Michigan. What a watermelon... hope it tastes so good!!
That watermelon is awesome!
Hi! I saw your blog link on Chad & Terra's blog. It looks like you had so much fun on Kolob! Don't you just LOVE it there!?! I saw that same crazy sign a few days ago when I was up there! Love it!
-Rachel Wilson (Skyler's Rachel, Meg's friend...that's me!:) I have a blog too, so email me if you want to see it! luv2smile623@gmail.com
That is a great picture of you and Emma. What a fun day.
Post a Comment