August 30, 2008

A Simply Wonderful Time

I drove the Jeep up north this week to help teach a class. I dropped Emma off along the way at Grandma and Grandpa Terry's house to spend a couple days while I was busy. She absolutely LOVES being there- and it makes me feel good that she does because I don't worry about her at all. :) She was there 3 days and I tried calling her every day...talked to her for probably less than a minute each time because she was just having too much fun to talk. :)

The first night I was there I got to spend a few hours with one of my best friends ever- Gina. :) We've been friends since we were 5- and haven't seen each other since our kindergardeners were babies. So....there was a ton to catch up on...plus we have a lot of good old stories to laugh about. There are way too many to tell them all, but to make a summary: I love Gina so so much and it was so good to spend a few hours laughing and talking again. We'll have to do it more often! :) Best friends are essential to a happy life...friends who you can share anything with. :)
Here is a picture of me and the incredible guys I had the good fortune to teach with this week. It was a type of hazmat medical course called Advanced Hazmat Life Support. It was mostly full of paramedics, a few nurses and one doctor. I never think about how short I am until I see a picture of me next to normal sized people. :) In my mind, I'm always looking people in the eye and I think I'm tall....jk...ha ha ha. :) People have to look a long way down to talk to me. That's funny stuff. To make it even funnier- I was wearing my 4 inch heel boots that day. :D

It was a good experience for many reasons. It was a great refresher for me to listen to the other lectures, I got to see some old friends, make some new friends, and I learned my topic really really well so I wouldn't be so afraid to teach it. :)

Traffic was pretty heavy on the way out of the city yesterday- so I decided to stay the night at home. Since Mom works graveyards and can't sleep at night and Dad was gone to a conference in Nevada, I got to sleep in their cozy bed. :) I seriously had dreams all night about being a character in Star Wars. I was a Jedi knight and I was fighting a battle with all the other Jedi's. :) The only reason I can think of for having a Star Wars dream is that my head was laying on a pillow that is chalk full of Star Wars dreams. :) :)

The drive home was wonderful- I always enjoy it. The sun coming up behind the mountains with the pink colored clouds, the lava and the red rocks,the endless fields of sunflowers and the smell of alfalfa growing...I am amazed daily at the beauty of the world that God created. I also saw something suspicious...I pulled into the slow lane for a van that wanted to pass me. It was one of those white vans with the painted out windows in the back (the kind you just know, from watching too many movies, are full of secret computer equipment). :) It sped past me followed very closely by a suburban with darkened windows. They both had US Gov plates. I wondered if they were headed to somewhere secret like Area 51. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment