August 24, 2008

Gratitude

Emma asked what makes people rich. We talked about it and we decided that there are all kinds of ways people can be rich. The definition we thought we liked the most is this: WE are rich because we are grateful for everything we have. Emma then thought about everyone she knows and decided they were rich too. :)

When Heather was here, she cleaned my microwave. I owe her big time for that. :) It was filthy and now it looks brand new. She was a great guest!!

I also want to say Happy Birthday to Jared and Johhny- I'm sorry I'm late! I remember when Jar-Bear was born. He has always been one of those people who is naturally good at fixing things- since he was tiny, he was taking things apart and putting them back together again. I remember once he accidentally set fire to my bed and got a cup of water to put it out himself before it caught the house on fire. It was then I realized the kind of head he had on his shoulders...quick thinking and smart! Jar is still young, but he has a huge heart...he takes care of all his animals and I can see him at Sea World swimming with Shamu or working at a big zoo or in some kind of worldwide animal rescue.

Johnny is a little like me...he doesn't say a lot unless he feels it needs to be said. :) Johnny is funny- he's got a sense of humor that I can appreciate! I can't believe he's gonna be a cute little Daddy soon! Johnny is the classic older brother...even though I am technically OLDER than him, he was taller than me a long time ago, and often helps me out when I pick a fight too big for my ability to win. :) ha ha ha...like when I try to tackle Bubba and Boo at the same time...or something like that. :)

I am truly grateful today for all I am blessed with, the big and the small. I am RICH. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment