July 9, 2008

All Frustration...................


................comes from unmet expectations. That has been an interesting life principle to learn. Expectations we make for ourselves and expectations we put upon others. The look on this man's face seems 'frustrated' to me. :) He was expecting the ball to be somewhere else! :) So, what is the solution? Do we lower our expectations so that we are less likely to be disappointed and frustrated? Or do we learn accept what is and banish our expectations, which were unrealistic to begin with, and become at peace with the world? The other option is to continue to have expectations and continue to be frustrated because no one lives up to them- not even ourselves. :) I have had many good discussions with people about expectations. Some believe we have a "right" to expect things from others if a promise is made. I've struggled with that thought because we are all human, and despite our best efforts, we will inevitably make mistakes and break some promises. Maybe if I were to change my expectation into a HOPE...

One recent frustration came when I expected to get into the Stadium of Fire because I had tickets. :) The next came when I expected that whoever made the mistake would take care of it quickly. In comparison to these tiny blips, the biggest frustration of my life has come in the form of expecting certain things of my marriage. I was thinking of all the time I have wasted in useless frustration. I HOPE I can change my pattern of thinking and use the precious time given to me in a more productive way. :)

Judy hurt her hamstring last week, so I have been running on the tread. Boring as heck! I miss you, Judy! Get better soon!!

One of my very favorite partners from work is leaving today for another job far away. :) It's such a great opportunity for him and his family. I will miss his friendship and always remember fondly: the pranks we pulled, the laughs we had and the songs we sang along to. :)

Me and Emma sat on the living room floor Monday and made vision boards. :) We got the stack of old magazines and cut out pictures and pasted them onto whiteboards. I saw it on Oprah and thought it was a great way to visualize my goals- it's also one of those things from "The Secret". I loved Emma's board- it had 7 pictures of Jesus and one picture of Wall-E. :)

Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

Heather said...

So...this is a comment on that pic of me and Tay. I've alwys hated my one nostril that's larger than the other, and now, because of that lovely pic you posted, everyone else can tell! :) No, it's ok, I've learned to accept my nostrils the way they are and ge† over it!

Anonymous said...

The vision boards sound like a great idea. The pictures from the 4th of July look so fun.

Post a Comment