July 13, 2008

Ojiichan

Obaachan, Ojiichan, Jerry and Laurie. Taken at Obaachan and Ojiichan's home in Nevada.
Ojiichan celebrated his birthday this week. All my life, Ojiichan has been a man of few words- so when he speaks, you listen. :) I even have in my possession a letter to me in his very own handwriting. I have such good memories from my childhood of Ojiichan taking us kids and Jonie out into the woods to explore. We found all types of creatures and he taught us all about what we saw.

Ojiichan was born in Tennessee, grew up on a farm, served his country in the US Army, married my beautiful Japanese Obaachan and raised 3 wonderful kids. There is so much to tell- so many stories of his life. I just want to say that I am glad to come from such good and honest people. Their choices and their lives allowed me to be where I am today with a rich heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment