It has been so nice to have rain and clouds ever since Friday night. :) I got to work at 2000 and, soon after, we got a heavy downpour with beautiful flashes of lightning. Saturday and Sunday were nice and cloudy with light sprinkles of rain. The desert smells so good after the rain.....ahhhhh, I love it. One of my partners played a pretty good prank on me Friday night. I took a medical call to the hospital, and when I got back it was around 0200. I leisurely went into my room, shut the door and was going through some paperwork on the desk when I glanced over at my bed. Someone was laying in it!!!! I let out a little scream and got a closer look. It was the CPR dummy Chad had posed with a pillow and blanket to appear as if someone was tucked in and snoozing away. :) Good one, Chad. :)
Me and Emma had a "mom and daughter" shopping day this week. We went everywhere she wanted to go...Target, the Dollar Store, Tai Pan (ok that one was my pick), Wendy's, Petsmart, the nursery and finally to Sonic for a root beer icee. Petsmart was the most fun for her- we looked into the mouse cage and they were all active. 3 or 4 were on the exercise wheel, and Emma laughed so hard every time one mouse would get the wheel to turn and the others would just hold on and spin upside down. I love to hear her laugh. We must have sat and watched it 10 times or more- and it was just as funny every time. :) Then we saw the turtles. They were all swimming around and Emma held her finger up to the tank. It must have looked like a worm because one turtle opened its mouth and snapped. Emma just laughed and laughed and said, "These must be snapping turtles!"
Last night we went to see the Tibetan monks do some chants and a lecture on natural healing. It is amazing to me that all truth is practiced in similar ways all over the world. We seek out those who are 'enlightened' and at peace. We want to know their secrets. :) It seems that their 'secrets' are the same no matter how ancient or from what part of the world they come. It just affirms to my heart that we are all children of the same God living on this earth together. Christian, Buddhist, Shinto, Jewish, whatever our religion...we can find common ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment