July 6, 2008

Stadium of Fire

It was a great Independence Day for us! We spent the day in Provo at the Freedom Festival- I was surprised that all the events were free (minus food, of course). We listened to some good music, Emma got to do a bunch of activities, and it really wasn't too hot. As always, it would take me too long to put these pictures in the order they actually were taken in. So....

Here's my camera's zoomed in picture of the Blue Man Group at the Stadium of Fire. It was a cute little piece. I'd like to see their whole show some day. Emma really got into it.
Here's Emma's face as they announced Miley Cyrus was finally coming out to perform. I don't know what the hold up was, but the whole stadium kind-of sat in silence for about 10 minutes waiting for her part of the show to start. Occasional spurts of people chanting, tons of screaming little girls and one teenage boy sitting behind us screaming "I love you Miley" broke up the time. :)
Miley sang a lot of the songs from her new album. We knew the ones that are on the radio- and the rest sounded good! We'll have to buy the CD. Emma sang along to what she knew. So did I. Bubba sang along- except when I looked over and caught her. :) I think I embarassed her. :)
The fireworks were great as always! I think the fireworks show lasted about 45 minutes! I want to find out how they make those fireworks do what they do. I'm always amazed at the colors, the BOOM, the different shapes that someone packaged into a mortar shell to explode in a predictable fashion. And, as in past years, we left the stadium with fireworks ash in our hair. :)
Emma got a butterfly painted on her face- about 20 minutes later she reached up and didn't remember what it was and rubbed it off her face. Then she got mad and said, "Why didn't you tell me I was rubbing off my butterfly!!!!!"
One of the free things was these beauty college students doing hair for free. Most of the people we saw were getting mohawks. Emma was the last one in line, otherwise I might have done it. Just kidding.
My little girl is so beautiful. :) Here she is about to roll down a grassy hill as we were waiting for the show to start.
The Provo Fire Department was there with these characters. Emma loves getting her picture taken with characters.
Here is Emma ducking down by her chair and covering her ears as the jets flew over the stadium. She also loved the skydivers. She told me that she will "let me" go skydiving again for my birthday. :)

Then there is the fun story of how we almost didn't get in to the stadium......we got our tickets through the charity auction. I considered that to be a better option than buying from a scalper. Ticketmaster charged my card and sent me tickets. Apparently, they didn't pass that information along to BYU. When we got there, the tickets wouldn't scan in. We were sent to one supervisor then another one. Finally the head supervisor checked his list. The tickets we had were assigned to someone....not us. Luckily, the supervisor took pity on us and found us some seats. It all turned out well. You can bet I'll be calling Ticketmaster in the morning and getting my money back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment