July 24, 2008

Loving Life here at Home

I came home from work Wednesday morning to see my bushes had bursted into bloom! I had to rush over to see if the bees had come to enjoy the sweet nectar as they have in past years. I didn't even have to get too close when I could hear the loud humming and busy buzzing of literally thousands of bees. It was hard to catch one because they are moving from flower to flower so quickly, but here is one little guy who I caught sipping from my pretty purple texas sage. :)
Here is just a picture of the yard so you can see how pretty all the bushes are side by side.
There's a funny story about this piano. :) Here it is sitting pretty in my house after some hard work and good strong people to help move it. I was on a fire inspection of a local school when I saw this piano sitting without its legs in a storage room. I asked about it, and half jokingly said that I'd like to buy it if it was for sale. Well, the man said he would ask his wife....and here it is a few months later....he called me on Saturday and asked if I would make him a trade: my upright piano for this one. I think we both ended up with a good deal. They got a good piano that fits in their space, and I got this baby grand that fits in my space. :) Emma wanted to play it right away, and was disappointed when it was extremely out of tune. Yikes...well, it's getting tuned as I write, and Emma will be thrilled when she gets home from her camping trip with her Dad tomorrow. The only thing missing...a bench. I suppose I'll have to buy one. I also want to buy a little box to put all of the music books in. The "bag-o-music" I've had since high school tucked nicely underneath the upright...but this piano begs for a little more class. :) I also have to rearrange the furniture and the pictures on the wall, but this is what I always wanted this room to be- a piano room- and now it is that. :)

I was catching up on "So You Think You Can Dance" earlier today. I am so sad that Kherrington got kicked out!!! I loved her- especially her and Twitch together! However, I can honestly say that there is not a single dancer left that I would like to see go! They are all INCREDIBLE! The show from last night had me clapping, laughing, screaming with Mary and crying (all by myself ha ha ha). Each dance was amazing. I just wish I could be doing what they are doing- and it makes me more excited to get this school going!

Ryan has invited me the past couple weeks to join in a group where we text him after we finish reading the scriptures each day. It was a challenge from him, actually, and I have been grateful for it. :) I haven't been 100%, but ALMOST. :) I haven't read any scriptures on a regular basis in such a long time that when he texted the challenge, I thought, "Why the heck not? It will do me nothing but good." Thanks, Ry-Ry.

10 weeks until the SG Marathon...do I feel ready? No, but it will still be a good time and I will still cross the finish line! I want to make some kind of funny shirt to wear this year...any ideas- go ahead and throw 'em out there. :) I'll make one for me, Judy, Mandy, Boo and Ryan- all of whom I hope to be running with at the starting line!!!!! I plan on bringing the I-RIVER this year since I believe I have slowed down enough that those who start with me may find themselves leaving me in their dust. Oh- you haven't heard of an I-RIVER? Well...it's my OLD SCHOOL I-pod that I got back when Emma was a baby. It's almost as big as a brick and I am frequently made fun of for carrying it around-but it's better than the I-pod, in my opinion, and I'm keeping it until it dies!! Suckas! :)

WORD.


4 comments:

Rachelle said...

word?! haha what are you going gangsta on us?? ...ugh i was going to say somthing else...ah well, can't wait to see do the marothon again:)

Reba said...

You seriously write the best posts and have the coolest pictures to go with them. What beautiful bushes with purple flowers! I love them... and I didn't even know you played the piano. How crazy is that? Good luck with the marathon! You go girl!

Awesome LaTerry said...

AH-LEESH-AH!

Hiya my sister. Good luck with your marathon. Tell Emma that her Uncle Joe-Joe loves her lots. :D

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the piano. Good luck with the marathon. I want to run it with you next year. How are you training in this heat?

Post a Comment