The above picture is of Emma when we went to go see a community production of "The Frog Prince" on Monday. They did a pretty good job- and Emma loved it. :) Every time we go to a play she asks me if she can try out next time. I guess I'll have to get myself into the theater crowd so I know when auditions for these community things are. :)
There are no fireworks restrictions this year. That's weird since everyone is predicting a bad fire season with the tall weeds and lack of water. I still haven't bought any fireworks- maybe tonight. I know that has nothing to do with this flower. Emma pointed it out to me when we were at the water park last week.
Here is Emma at the water park. She flips her hair down and bends over to stick her head underneath a waterfall. I dared her to get her hair wet, but she didn't want to get her face wet. :) Emma is SO EXCITED to go see Hannah Montana in 2 days!!! DJ went out and bought her a big swimming pool to put out on our back porch. She wore 3 different swimming suits yesterday- and it's really no use trying to brush her hair anymore..... :) Luckily, the pool is big enough that she can't get in by herself, so someone is always with her.My last posting was in remembrance of the pilots, nurses, paramedics and patients that died in the helicopter crash this week. Utah people will know that one of the nurses did survive, but is still in critical condition. The other part of the story is that I have some good friends who work for one of the services whose helicopter crashed. As soon as I heard about it, I hoped my friends were okay. I was scared for a minute- scared to hear the news that a friend had died. We deal with death so often, why would it bother me? I guess it was thinking of their families and if I had been as good of a friend as I could have been. One friend was on the helicopter that day, but got switched out with the other paramedic that died. The others were not working that day. Of course, the buzz at work is how scary it is to fly and how a few people swear they will never do that job. With time, all that talk will die down. We never seem to talk about all the instances of ground ambulance crashes- which happen about 10 times more often. We're not scared to fly down the road breaking speed limit and traffic laws while we ride unrestrained in the patient compartment. The fact is that we are all just as much or more likely to die in a highway crash than a helicopter crash. If it's my time to go, I'd like to go doing what I love and while in the service of those who need help. We can't be paralyzed by fear. Imagine how much of life we miss out on because of fear. So, I have to say again, God bless those who died and the families and friends who are mourning their loss. Also, God bless the nurse who is still trying to recover, along with his family.
2 comments:
Thanks, that was nice to read. It is crazy, but I'm sure Chad will be back in that Helicopter in a week or two. But he is doing what he loves, so I will let him go.
We missed seeing you while you were up here. We'll hook up sometime. Hope you had fun.
Post a Comment