July 30, 2008

Momma and Daughter Day

Me and Emma went on a hike yesterday. She brought piggy with her and even held onto him the whole way. We rode the bus in Zion- which is her favorite part- and got off at several stops to check things out. Emma heard the bus driver say there were horse back rides at one of the stops. We found out she is too young to go. :(
Emma took a picture of the "beautiful view" from the bus window.
We had chips, a slice of pizza and an ice cream cone for lunch while we listened to a park ranger talk about the animals that live in the park. We were sitting under a tree that must be over a hundred years old. Me and Emma could not put our arms around the trunk! It was a beautiful day with a nice summer breeze.
For some reason, Emma wanted me to take a picture of her eye. So, here it is.

Emma also helped me wash the Jeep and water the flowers yesterday. One of the pictures that didn't get in here was of Emma feeding carrots to a donkey. There is a gift shop on the way to Zion that has a few animals you can feed carrots to- it's one of the things she asks to do often, but is also afraid to do once we get there. :) They have some Alpacas, a llama, some huge sheep, deer and a tiny donkey. The animals all grab the carrots pretty quick and it scares her.

DJ won the bet- he lost 15 pounds before me and is currently out picking himself out a new computer. :)

We went to see the new Batman movie last night while Emma went to see Journey to the Center of the Earth with her Grandma and Grandpa. Emma said she had fun and that the movie was a little scary. Batman...I didn't like it as much as I liked the other ones. It was depressing and scary. They sure did a good job with Two Face except for his eyeball that continued to work even without an eyelid. :p The only part that I found hopeful was when the people on the boats decided not to blow each other up.

Today is the day I write bills. It feels good to get it done and not have to worry about it again until next month. :)

I think I want to be photographer again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day out with Mom. I would never attempt that with my 3 girls by myself. There are some big perks for Emma being an only child. You two have a lot more one on one time. That seems so fun for you both. Before school each year I get to take the girls school shopping and out to lunch for some one on one time and they look forward to that.

Post a Comment